Saturday, September 25, 2010

Expectations great or small

Altogether I have a happy marriage, it goes to show how little I let myself expect to be content with what I have. I love Sandin, but the boy hasn't got a romantic bone in his body. Oh he tried while we were dating, but his idea of romance certainly never meshed with mine. I've never really been bothered by this, after all I'm enough like Daddy in certain ways that I'm oblivious to a lot of it. But the expectations I had that shattered early on about love, those were the most difficult to give up. And let me say that all those old cliches are never right. "Love means never having to say your sorry," should really say "If you really love someone, you'll apologize for everything you may ever have done. Marriage is hard, but loving someone when you really want to hit them is harder. And harder still is speaking gently and lovingly to someone who just did something that you'll be paying for until the end of time, one way or another.

Like Jane I've been dying to keep my hand's busy doing something. I finished Bug's quilt finally, and after a conversation with Jane, I decided to go back into making hats. I finished one last night that I think is quite cute even though it's blue. I don't know if it will fit Bug, if not Gwendy may get it. But I was thinking of doing a hat and shawl for me for fall. I doubt I'd wear them in winter, but I like hats in the fall. I look cute in them.

In case you notice the time of this posting, I couldn't sleep, woke up disappointed and relieved, either way I'm here. Once I eat a little to slow down my tummy demons, I should be able to sleep again, I hope.

2 comments:

  1. Slow down the tummy demons...I like it! I know all about tummy demons...Yeah for RA causing ulcers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know a great Voodoo practitioner that can help with the tummy demons. Exorcism and laser water are the popular treatments.

    ReplyDelete